Thursday, June 7, 2012

How can you smile when your lips are made of Stone?

You live your life as if expressing emotion was a sin, with the penatly being death! I throw rusted daggers, and you don't even have the courtesy to flinch. I give you flowers laced with lavender, and you won't even attempt to inhale them...After I staged the mass murder of your once cherished desires, I expected a response. A single tear never fell... My clothes scattered upon the floor. I pressed my body against yours. My skin, warm and eager, awaited your embrace. Then I kissed you with the passion of a thousand infernos, but tragically even that couln't spark a jolt of emotion.
I remember the day I came to visit you in your garden. All the trees there had been painted gray, and the tombstones seem to grow farther away from you. I assumed not even the dead wanted your company... To this day I walk with this weight on my shoulders of burdens, despair, and of course the unrequited love that was never returned.
The hindrance of the day to day base of society conflicting with what it is that I'd like to do. But the constant reminders of my selfless acts of kindness bring me to a place I cannot escape. From my heart to yours, from my soul reaching and dwelling for something more than just good company, but something deeper to express my most inner being.
Remember that day? The day where I patiently waited at the corner of the lamp post where we would normally part ways during high school? I still visit that place to reminisce on the days that emotions were not so complicated. As if your going to appear again, but the wind tells me to go on and find a new place. That day where you were standing there as if you were looking for someone. That baffled look on your face when you had turned and noticed me passing by. I said "hello" from a far thinking you would be able to read my lips. You had then smiled and continued on with your day as I stayed here looking at something more amazing. I was lost in a maze full of wonders with turns of event at every corner. I couldn't bring myself to notice that its been a while since I have seen you. That empty feeling, of discontent due to suppressed emotions of how I felt. It was weird I must say, I'm no longer a child but my heart is still young and fresh to live up to the breeze of the wind that passes by.
The smile that I have seen that day is a smile I will never forget, It seemed warm and genuine-like the place I'd like to take you too- and soft like a cloud. For that moment when you smiled, I was filled with flustered emotions deep inside myself. Your garden was like a puzzle, connected by the colorless green ideas sleeping furiously. (to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment